Monday, November 6, 2023

My First Week at Medium



 

 My First Week at Medium


Sometimes you were planning to do something and you go to do what you planned but suddenly on your way, you find a new option more attractive than what you had planned. The same scenario I faced while I was searching for Backlinks on different blogging sites I found Medium and here is the exciting story:

1. Helping Hand

After I made my account on Medium I was thinking about how to start. Should I go as I planned before I sign in   Or I look around and find something else? Then I  received an email offering me as a beginner how to write an article on Medium. Do you know who was this person? It was a surprising joy for me because I did not expect this offer. I was offered a 5-Day Content Creator Starter Kit.  

I forgot what I wanted to do and quickly downloaded the starter kit before it went away.

Here I found:

Free tools to get started on your content creator journey

A strategy to draft your content calendar

Three easy steps to build your first mailing list

Day 1: On day 1 I learned how to present myself to a new reader and make him become a paid member Instead of a free member. After completing the reading of day 1 learning points I decided to become a paid member. 

Here is the presentation that made me   a paid member:

Now, before you can join the Medium partner program, you need to become a paying Medium Member. That means you need to pay $5 a month to earn any money on Medium. Here's the link to become a paying Medium member.

Now, you don't have to pay anything right now. You can get set up, find out if you like writing on Medium, and start building an audience, all for free. Later, once you start gaining momentum, you can decide if it's right for you.

I recommend becoming a paid member anyway for the following reasons:

You get unlimited access to seeing what stories succeed there. Nonpaying members can only read 3 paywalled stories per month.

You can create a publication – more on that later!

It's very hard to be successful on Medium without knowing the trends, engaging with other writers, and analyzing the work of others.

You get to support the work of writers you like! Every time you, as a paying Medium member, read a story, a small portion of your membership fee goes to that writer. Win-win! 

Day 2: I learned what to do next. I should follow up on what I offered to my reader last time. I was reminded to make sure if I became a paid member. Also, I was reminded of the Importance of becoming a paid member. See how It was?

4. Create your publication.

Caveat: you have to be a paying Medium member to create a publication. If, for whatever reason, you decided not to pay yet, just skip Step One.

I also learned that A story that I publish stays in my profile as well as can be seen on the publication site. So, I knew the Importance of a publication. Here is how this message was delivered.

On Medium, a story can live in two places. Every story you publish will, by default, live on your profile. But it can also live in a publication. This means that people who follow a publication will be shown stories in that publication, even if they don't follow the author of that story. Publications are super important!

There are hundreds of publications on Medium, about anything from food to travel to writing memoirs. But I recommend also creating your own. Why?

You can build your own audience

You have more creative control over the look and feel of your stories

Any of your stories that don't get accepted into publications still have a good home

Creating a publication is simple. Head over to Medium on your computer (this won't work on the mobile app!), and click on your profile button at, top right. There, you'll see a menu pop up. One of the options will be "Manage Publications." Click on that and select the button that says "New Publication" to create a new one! It looks like a lot of setup, but don't worry. I have created a video here that walks you through how to do the whole thing in eight minutes.

First, give it a name. Don't overthink it! Keep it simple. Here are a few of my faves:

2. Read Medium's Boost guidelines.

3. Write your first Medium post.

4. Celebrate!

DAY 3: This day was all about strategy and it was divided in three steps:

Brainstorm 5 writing ideas.

Decide on a timing strategy.

Finally, relax a bit! Read at least 3* Medium posts, and try to leave long, thoughtful comments.

At the end again a reminder for becoming a paid member.

DAY 4: There were three things to do on this day

Day 4 was focused on joining the publication

1. Research 3 pubs you'd like to submit to   


                 2. Publish your second story!

                 3. , follow ten more people whose stories you like.

DAY 5: This day was divided into 2 portions: 

 . Appreciation that I consistently attended the lesson session.1    

2.   QA session   and finally offer for other courses for improvement

I WISH I COULD HAVE JOINED MEDIUM EARLY!

It is unfair If I don’t disclose the name of this person. The person to whom I say Thank you is Zulie Rane. She made my beginning very assisted


AN OTHER SURPRISE

On 28th October I received A letter from Tony Stubblebine, Medium CEO.

It made me proud and happy that there is someone who takes care of their members even if a newbie. it was not only a welcome letter but a complete package of Medium thinking, feeling, planning, accommodating, and promoting in a way that I can say that Medium has placed the right person for the right job. I would like to share with my readers a reflection of Medium and his CEO's thinking and devotion to the Community. Here are some of his words in a welcome letter:

I’d like to give you a clearer sense of what we’re trying to do, why we think it matters, and how to get more out of it.

Thousands of times each day, someone will publish on Medium to share a story, an idea, or a perspective with the world. Some will be professional writers we’ve paid. Others will be experts publishing of their own accord. One might even be you, writing about what matters to you. Each has a chance to influence others, plant a seed, and perhaps even start a movement.

We do our best to help these writers find the audience they deserve, using a large team of people that includes human curators, editors, and software engineers. As a result, over 100 million people read and connect on Medium every month. We hope that they understand the world more deeply by doing so and find ideas that can help them in their daily lives.

This is why Medium exists: To deepen understanding of the world and spread 

ideas that matter.

Yes! Dear CEO! I am here to understand the world learn and spread ideas that matter.


Habib Madni    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two blessings that many people neglect

  Two blessings that many people neglect: Health, Free Time The year 2024 keeping in mind to use our Health and Time with best practices of ...